Saturday, August 13, 2011

When God Speaks It's Time To Move

Last month, I had the opportunity to share on stage, with my church family, what God was doing in my life. Below is what I shared...

"Over the past few years, God has been stirring something in my heart, but I wasn’t sure when I was suppose to move forward with what He was saying to me.
This past Christmas Eve, God spoke very clearly to me. He said “Stacey, you’re sitting in a house full of love with an empty lap.” Without a doubt I knew God was calling me to adopt.

I have recently completed my home study and have been approved. I am now moving forward with the adoption agency.

This is one of the biggest steps of faith I have ever taken, but I know I am walking in obedience. Any time doubt starts to surround me, God says “Stacey, how big is your God?”

Two verses have come to mind during this journey: 
Proverbs 3:5,6
Hebrews 11:1

What I’ve been learning through this experience is that when you say YES to God and follow His will, you start hearing his voice in ways you’ve never heard before." 
And so the journey continues...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy,

    Congratulations on your decision to adopt! I read your story a little bit on Facebook. I would love to help you out if you would like.

    My husband and I have contemplated adoption but at this time want to support others in the process. I have been wanting to do some fundraising with my Scentsy business specifically for adoptive families. By the way, I am a mother from Indiana and do Scentsy when I am not busy with my two active boys!

    I am offering an online party on my website that your supporters could order from and I would in return donate my total commission of 25% to your adoption. You can run the fundraiser for as long as you would like.

    You can learn more on my website: www.thesweetscentshop.com and email me at thesweetscentshop@gmail.com if you're interested.

    Either way, many blessings on your adoption journey!!!

    Blessings, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberly, :)
    You are so sweet to offer to help during this journey! We have fundraisers lined up for the next few months and we will see where we are at financially by then.

    Thank you for your kindness!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete